- 13/3/12 - New item: Proximity Scanner, for use the The Stardrive.
- 13/3/12 - Banned items for each mission are now shown on the mission description page.
- 29/2/12 - It now costs creds to buy extra campaign units.
- 29/2/12 - Players awards are now shown on the player's public page.
- 22/2/12 - In campaign mode, an attack is cancelled if the attacker has no units spare when the defender joins.
- 3/2/12 - New version of the client released.
- 31/1/12 - Computers are now not shown on the strategic scanner or intermediate playback for SNAFU missions.
- 24/1/12 - New version of the client released.
- 19/1/12 - In The Exterminators, the assassins now have only 500 credits, down from 550.
- 19/1/12 - In 3-Player The Assassins, increase the fugitives creds from 180 to 200.
- 16/1/12 - New mission: All Seeing Eye.
- 16/1/12 - Campaign units are only refreshed when you are not fighting in a mission.
- 13/1/12 - New mission: Capture the FLAG - Close Combat Only.
- 12/1/12 - You can now defend in multiple campaign mission.
- 11/1/12 - When selecting units for a campaign mission, you are limited to the number of deployment squares available.
- 10/1/12 - Can now view the players in the other factions.
- 9/1/12 - Now shows the total weight of armour and equipment when equipping units.
- 9/1/12 - Renamed 'Level This' to 'Scorched Earth'.
- 6/1/12 - Improved the method for selecting units for campaign missions, and the player can choose how many units.
- 5/1/12 - In The Alien Hordes the aliens now have 16 units.
- 4/1/12 - In Hideout increased the attackers credits from 200 to 280.
- 28/12/11 - In Meltdown increased the attackers credits from 320 to 380.
- 28/12/11 - In Rescue from the Mines increased the rescuers credits from 230 to 300.
- 18/12/11 - Changed the map in Moonbase Assault 4-Player to make it fairer.
- 17/12/11 - In The Stardrive, the Stardrive starts in the hands of the defenders.
- 15/12/11 - New mission: The Stardrive, created by Deadlime.
- 14/12/11 - Added Galaxy Map log.
- 12/12/11 - Smoke and nerve gas is now logged for the game playback.
- 9/12/11 - Factions
- 3/12/11 - New mission: Hideout.
- 2/12/11 - Unit stat increases are allocated randomly in campaign missions
- 2/12/11 - New mission: Superhuman: Moonbase Assault.
- 2/12/11 - Players can now award an award to other players.
- 2/12/11 - Any creds not spent in a campaign mission are saved up and added to the next one.
- 30/11/11 - New mission: Hideout.
- 29/11/11 - Any creds not spent in a campaign mission are saved up and added to the next one.
- 29/11/11 - Unit stat increases are allocated randomly in campaign missions
- 29/11/11 - New mission: Superhuman: Moonbase Assault.
- 29/11/11 - Players can now award an award to other players.
- 12/8/11 - Smoke & Nerve Gas waits a turn before dissipating.
- 3/8/11 - It's now possible to add 'holiday text' to your settings if you're going to be away for a while.
- 3/8/11 - In Denunciation 2v2 the Ambassadors start further back.
- 3/8/11 - Players incur 2 points of inactivity when not playing a campaign game.
- 16/7/11 - In Rescue from the Mines, the hostage takers now cannot buy grenades.
- 14/7/11 - Marines now have only 350 credits in Aliens.
- 6/7/11 - Added more deployment areas for the Laser Squad in Rescue from the Mines.
- 5/7/11 - New mission: Sterner's Revenege, created by PCasaca.
- 5/7/11 - New mission: Laboratory Attack 2v2.
- 5/7/11 - New mission: Escort 2v2.
- 4/7/11 - There is now a simple 'Message Comrade' option in 2v2 games.
- 20/6/11 - New mission: Moonbase Assault 2v2.
- 17/6/11 - New mission: Aliens, created by Deadlime.
- 17/6/11 - Power Swords are now banned in the Alien mission.
- 8/6/11 - Player who are not playing a campaign mission or have no open campaign game requests will accumulate an inactivity point for each day they are inactive, which are subtracted from the players campaign points total.
- 26/5/11 - Tweaked mission 'Assassins 2v2', so it's now 3 & 3 against 2 & 5 units.
- 26/5/11 - A game creators name is now hidden in campaign missions.
- 26/5/11 - New Trophy: Punctured Heart, for losing 40 missions, suggested by Deadlime.
- 12/5/11 - New mission: Scorched Earth.
- 12/5/11 - New mission: The Assassins 2v2.
- 11/5/11 - In 2v2 missions, you can now see the location of enemy units seen or heard by your comrades.
- 9/5/11 - New mission: Terrors of the Deep, created by Deadlime.
- 9/5/11 - Changed 'The Assassins - Outhouses' so the assassins now have 200 creds.
- 27/4/11 - Added a rudimentary AI and enemies in the practise mission.
- 24/4/11 - Smoke dissipation speed is now based on the number of sides.
- 20/4/11 - Opponents can now be restricted when creating a game.
- 12/4/11 - Points for victory are now 3 + 'the difference in league points between you and your opponent divided by 10'. For example, if you have 10 league points and your opponent has 30, you will get 5 for a victory and they will get 3.
- 11/4/11 - New mission: Denunciation 2v2, created by Deadlime.
- 11/4/11 - New mission: A Tale of Two Bases 2v2, created by Deadlime.
- 7/4/11 - New mission: The Blob Assassins
- 7/4/11 - New Trophy: Winners Trophy, for winning 50 missions.
- 5/4/11 - New mission: Oddworld, created by PCasaca.
- 4/4/11 - New mission: The Big Push, created by Boyflea (Dave Gumble).
- 17/3/11 - Credits can be adjusted when creating a mission.
- 17/3/11 - Comments can be added against game requests.
- 16/3/11 - There are now 3 different types of wall: indestructible, strong and weak.
- 16/3/11 - Boyflea (Dave Gumble) has improved all the mission descriptions.
- 15/3/11 - Added medal images provided by Deadlime.
- 9/3/11 - Smoke now slowly drifts.
- 9/3/11 - Smoke grenades and nerve gas now only cost 7.
- 8/3/11 - New Trophy: First Blood, for winning your first mission.
- 7/3/11 - Smoke now disipates at 20% chance per turn per square.
- 2/3/11 - In mission Kill Frenzy, players lose VPs for killing their own units.
- 24/2/11 - You can now enter new player's email addresses in the opponent's field when creating a game.
- 24/2/11 - Trophies now shown on player's public page.
- 22/2/11 - Deadlime has kindly modified the Denunciation map.
- 21/2/11 - Now awards the Long Service Medal and the Honourary Laser Squad Medal.
- 21/2/11 - In mission 'A Tale of Two Bases', the map layout has been changed to use that of the campaign version.
- 19/2/11 - Reduced all grenade's power by 10 and increased their cost by 1.
- 19/2/11 - Increased all weapon's shot accuracy by 5.
- 17/2/11 - In mission 'Egg Collector', the number of turns is now 30.
- 16/2/11 - New mission: Kill Frenzy 4-Player.
- 4/2/11 - In mission 'Egg Hunt', the alien side now has 11 aliens (up from 9) but can no longer impregnate humans.
- 4/2/11 - Morale is now affected when a unit is wounded and when an undercover agent is activated.
- 1/2/11 - Units have another new stat: Morale. This is only used in advanced games and affects units on both sides when another unit dies.
- 1/2/11 - Added new statistics to a player's public page.
- 31/1/11 - Units have a new stat: Energy. This is only used in advanced games.
- 28/1/11 - Deadlime has tweaked 'The Assassins - Campaign Version' Map and both sides have 320 creds.
- 27/1/11 - Simplified the league table.
- 20/1/11 - Have moved the Playback links to the strategic scanner pages.
- 17/1/11 - It's now no longer possible to delete game requests (reason here) except for campaign missions.
- 17/1/11 - In Defend the Base, The attackers now have 7 units instead of 8, and are no longer allowed grenades or rockets.
- 17/1/11 - In Moonbase Assault: Undercover Agent, the attackers start with 10 units and the defenders 6, but 2 attackers are now undercover agents.
- 14/1/11 - It's now possible to view a playback of a current game up to its current point.
- 14/1/11 - You can now change you password on the Settings page.
- 12/1/11 valign="top" - New mission: Moonbase Assault: Undercover Agent.
- 11/1/11 - In Alien, the Queen now has only 75 APs and the Nostomo crew have 45 creds.
- 11/1/11 - In SNAFU: Sabotage, the VPs for killing a saboteur has been increased to 25 (and 60 for the last one).
- 9/1/11 - In SNAFU: Moonbase Assault, the VPs for killing a saboteur has been increased to 25 (and 60 for the last one) and the VPs for destroying computers has been reduced to 5.
- 7/1/11 - Moved the Ambassador's deployment squares in Denunciation.
- 5/1/11 - In Escort 2, the fugitives now have 250 credits, up from 220.
- 4/1/11 - In Alien Containment, the aliens have one less unit and the two human sides have one extra unit each.
- 4/1/11 - In Moonbase Assault: Campaign Version, the attackers credits have been reduced from 280 to 250.
- 4/1/11 - In The Exterminators, the defenders now have 250 credits, up from 200.
- 4/1/11 - In Snafu: Moonbase Assault, Snafu: The Assassins and Snafu: Sabotage, the assassins/saboteurs must get 100 VPs to win, otherwise the highest VPs out of the other players will win.
- 4/1/11 - You can now 'rewind' the playback of a mission.
- 3/1/11 - In Prison Riot and Prison Mutiny, the deployment squares have been modified.
- 3/1/11 - In Denunciation, both sides now have 8 units.
- 3/1/11 - In SNAFU: Moonbase Assault, all sides now have 4 units.
- 3/1/11 - In Defend the Base, both sides now have 8 units.
- 17/12/10 - New mission: Denunciation, created by Deadlime (Linden Clarke).
- 16/12/10 - When equipping units, unit stats are highlighted based on their level.
- 15/12/10 - Rocket Launchers can now not be used for opportunity fire.
- 15/12/10 - Adrenalin Shots are no longer available.
- 13/12/10 - Unit stats are shown when equipping units.
- 13/12/10 - A view of the mission map is available when viewing mission details.
- 9/12/10 - An email is now automatically sent to opponents when a player proposes mutually conceding a game, and it is also added to the game log.
- 8/12/10 - The Alien Queen can hear 10 squares.
- 6/12/10 - Emails are now not sent when an opponent has equipped or deployed.
- 5/12/10 - It's now possible to concede Practise games at any time.
- 2/12/10 - New mission: Alien, created by Deadlime (Linden Clarke).
- 1/12/10 - In SNAFU Assassins missions, the number of targets elimited is now shown in the details page.
- 1/12/10 - Mission playback now has a 'slowmo' option.
- 29/11/10 - Added missing data to old missions to make for a smoother playback.
- 26/11/10 - Created a new Las-Rifle weapon.
- 26/11/10 - Computers and explosions and shooting are now shown in the mission playback.
- 25/11/10 - You can now playback mission in the strategic scanner. See the 'Playback' link in My Finished Games.
- 25/11/10 - New mission: SNAFU: Sabotage.
- 25/11/10 - Opposing unit's deployment areas are now identified by side.
- 23/11/10 - Have revamped SNAFU: The Assassins 2: New map and new VP conditions.
- 22/11/10 - Games can now be 'locked' to multiple opponents.
- 19/11/10 - New mission: SNAFU: The Assassins 2.
- 18/11/10 - New mission: Sniper's Paradise, created by PCasaca.
- 18/11/10 - When a game is over, which player killed which unit is displayed.
- 17/11/10 - Now shows campaign unit's stats on the campaign page.
- 15/11/10 - F.L.A.G.s and Eggs are always shown on the scanner when playing in advanced mode.
- 12/11/10 - Have added the Alien Queen to the Egg Hunt mission.
- 11/11/10 - Have adjusted the costs of a few weapons.
- 8/11/10 - In 3+ player games, if a unit is heard, their side is not revealed in the Strategic Scanner.
- 8/11/10 - Multiple campaign mission requests can now be created.
- 5/11/10 - In Advanced Mode, dead bodies are not shown on the strategic scanner.
- 4/11/10 - New mission: Egg Collector.
- 4/11/10 - SNAFU missions are now always played in Advanced mode.
- 3/11/10 - Slightly altered the VPs for the two SNAFU missions: the defenders will get 13 VPs for all but the last assassin/saboteur units killed, and 50 VPs for the last remaining unit.
- 2/11/10 - Reduce units to 6 per side in Operation SNAFU: Moonbase Assault
- 1/11/10 - Players can now created games, equip and deploy all before an opponent has accepted their game.
- 1/11/10 - Add new Top 10 Weapons table.
- 28/10/10 - Added the first tutorial video.
- 28/10/10 - Open doors are drawn as open in the strategic scanner.
- 26/10/10 - New mission created by Deadlime (Linden Clarke): Egg Hunt.
- 25/10/10 - Units are now automatically holding their first piece of equipment.
- 19/10/10 - Created some new gameplay videos.
- 18/10/10 - Added a new outhouse to The Assassins - Outhouses.
- 14/10/10 - Second SNAFU mission: Operation SNAFU: The Assassins.
- 13/10/10 - A new version of the Map Editor has been released. This now enabled scenery to be added.
- 13/10/10 - Changed the Last Man Standing missions so the side with the most VPs when the turns expire wins.
- 12/10/10 - Thanks to Hardwired for creating a new image for the Alien Containment mission page.
- 12/10/10 - I've added myself (Steve Smith) to the league tables.
- 08/10/10 - A players public page now shows who their arch-nemesis is.
- 08/10/10 - The mission descriptions now show how many completed games are required to access a mission.
- 07/10/10 - The forums now have RSS feeds.
- 06/10/10 - Have implemented a Practise Mission for new players to get used to the controls and gameplay.
- 06/10/10 - In The Assassins - Outhouses, have reduced the assassins credits from 200 to 170.
- 06/10/10 - Have renamed the Hear Enemies option to Advanced Mode.
- 06/10/10 - In The Assassins - Campaign Version, have increased the assassins credits from 320 to 360.
- 05/10/10 - Have officialy released the first SNAFU mission: Operation SNAFU: Moonbase Assault.
- 24/9/10 - New Missions courtesy of Deadlime (Linden Clarke): Alien Containment and Hit & Run 3 - Rescue from the Mines Map.
- 23/9/10 - New forums! http://forums.stellarforces.com. Please log into it using your display name and password, not your email address.
- 22/9/10 - The address for the wiki is now http://wiki.stellarforces.com.
- 22/9/10 - Players can now choose a name for their campaign squad.
- 20/9/10 - The order that units are selected for campaign missions can now be set.
- 20/9/10 - Some advanced missions can now only be played after a player has succesfully played a standard mission.
- 19/9/10 - Increased the fugutive's credits to 300 in The Assassins - Outhouses.
- 17/9/10 - In 3-Player Moonbase Assault, the attackers now get 10 VPs per computer, to give more incentive to players to not sit and wait for the other sides to kill each other.
- 15/9/10 - New campaign version of missions created by Deadlime (Linden Clarke): The Assassins and Moonbase Assault.
- 14/9/10 - For campaign missions, the server keeps track of how many times you have killed your own units.
- 14/9/10 - In the Capture the F.L.A.G. missions, the F.L.A.G. must now be taken to the opposite side of the map.
- 10/9/10 - A unit's stats are increased when they go up a rank.
- 8/9/10 - Lots more existing missions are now available as campaign missions.
- 6/9/10 - Shows a player's favourite mission on their public page.
- 6/9/10 - Some 3 and 4-player missions are now available as campaign missions.
- 6/9/10 - It's now possible to buy a piece of equipment for all units in one go.
- 3/9/10 - Players can now concede games, and also propose mutually conceding games.
- 31/8/10 - New Mission: The Assassins - Outhouses.
- 27/8/10 - Escape hatches are shown on the strategic scanner to both sides.
- 27/8/10 - Campaign missions can concede within 7 days.
- 25/8/10 - New campaign missions: Hit and Run 1 - Breakout Map and Hit and Run 2 - Escort 2 Map
- 25/8/10 - The address for the wiki is now http://www.stellarforceswiki.com.
- 23/8/10 - New mission: 4-Player Last Man Standing 2 (Last Man Standing using the Capture the F.L.A.G. map)
- 16/8/10 - New missions: F.L.A.G. Heist and 4-Player F.L.A.G. Heist
- 16/8/10 - In Prison Riot, only light and medium armour can be purchased, and prisoners now have 30 creds.
- 11/8/10 - Wounded units are now given enough AP's to at least reload their weapon.
- 10/8/10 - Creates new games in a fraction of the time.
- 8/8/10 - Shows the location of explosions on the strategic scanner.
- 4/8/10 - Emails informing users of postings to subscribed forums now include a link.
- 4/8/10 - Sale! Medi-kits now only cost 4 creds.
- 30/7/10 - In mission 3-Player Co-operative The Alien Hordes, reduced alien units to 12.
- 30/7/10 - Made the map fairer for all sides in 4-Player Capture the F.L.A.G., and adrenalin shots are no longer allowed.
- 29/7/10 - In mission 3-Player Moonbase Assault, the defenders now have 10 units and 380 creds.
- 21/7/10 - New Mission: 3-Player Co-operative The Alien Hordes.
- 20/7/10 - When replying to a message, it now quotes the original message.
- 17/7/10 - In mission Prison Riot, prisoners are only allowed to buy close-combat weapons, and now have 15 creds.
- 16/7/10 - New Mission: 4-Player Moonbase Assault.
- 14/7/10 - New Mission: 3-Player Moonbase Assault.
- 13/7/10 - The recent game log is now emailed along with the turn reminder.
- 10/7/10 - Units are now not identified when they are heard.
- 9/7/10 - In mission Prison Riot, prisoners are no longer allowed to buy explosives.
- 8/7/10 - New Mission: 4-Player Capture the F.L.A.G..
- 6/7/10 - When viewing a game history, it now correctly shows walls before they were destroyed.
- 9/7/10 - In mission Prison Riot, reduced the creds of the prisoners to 10 and increased the guard's creds to 200.
- 5/7/10 - Removed a guard unit in mission Prison Mutiny.
- 5/7/10 - In mission Prison Riot, reduced the creds of the prisoners to 10 and increased the guard's creds to 200.
- 1/7/10 - New Mission: Capture the F.L.A.G..
- 1/7/10 - If a unit has less than a third of their health remaining, their APs are halved.
- 1/7/10 - Aliens cannot be heard, even if the Hear Enemies option is on.
- 1/7/10 - Reduced the size of the map in Impregnator mission.
- 29/6/10 - Weapons now have a noise range, and if Hear Enemies is selected, shots can be heard within that range.
- 29/6/10 - New Mission: Prison Riot.
- 28/6/10 - In mission Alien Escape, the aliens now start with 10 units.
- 25/6/10 - New Mission: The Exterminators.
- 25/6/10 - Adjusted creds for the Prison Mutiny mission.
- 24/6/10 - On the map screen, added colour key for players sides.
- 22/6/10 - Now shows the direction units are facing in the map.
- 21/6/10 - When equipping units, now shows average creds per unit.
- 21/6/10 - 3-Player The Assassins now runs for 20 turns.
- 14/6/10 - Player are now informed if they have unread messages.
- 11/6/10 - Ammo packs can now be automatically purchased with a gun. Note that the ammo capacity of all guns have been slightly reduced.
- 11/6/10 - Games now have the option of being able to hear enemy movement.
- 10/6/10 - In Prison Mutiny mission, the guards now only have 8 units.
- 10/6/10 - Now doesn't show enemy unit numbers in the map.
- 10/6/10 - In the Meltdown mission, the number of player-turns before a computer will explode is now random between 3 and 5.
- 10/6/10 - New mission: Alien Escape, created by Deadlime (Linden Clarke).
- 9/6/10 - Added the video created by Krogot.
- 4/6/10 - New mission: Prison Mutiny, created by PCasaca.
- 4/6/10 - The alien units are now numbered to allow them to be differentiated by their player.
- 3/6/10 - Added new Favicon, thanks to PCasaca.
- 31/5/10 - New mission: Impregnator.
- 19/5/10 - Improved the Miscellaneous Statistics
- 17/5/10 - New mission: Meltdown (requires client 1.19 or later).
- 17/5/10 - New mission: Laboratory Attack, created by Deadlime (Linden Clarke).
- 15/5/10 - Removed mission Escort.
- 15/5/10 - Added some internal walls to mission Escort 2.
- 14/5/10 - New mission: Battle for Sigma 7.
- 10/5/10 - It's now not possible to buy the Adrenalin Shot in the Escort missions.
- 6/5/10 - Adjusted the max turns on some missions.
- 6/5/10 - New mission: 3-player The Assassins.
- 5/5/10 - Now shows the total postings in each forum.
- 5/5/10 - Changed the map image.
- 30/4/10 - Fixed bug where if all of a player's units escaped, the server thought their opponent had killed them all.
- 30/4/10 - Fixed bug that meant currently visible enemy units were not being shown on the map.
- 29/4/10 - Now doesn't post the "[Enter comment here]" comment.
- 22/4/10 - Improved the map generator so now it should definitely not time-out.
- 22/4/10 - Users can now opt to not receive turn notification emails.
- 15/4/10 - Modified the random map generation routine for the Last Man Standing missions.
- 13/4/10 - New missions: 3-Player Last Man Standing and 4-Player Last Man Standing.
- 12/4/10 - It's now possible to search the forums.
- 12/4/10 - Create a new URL for the Wiki: http://wiki.stellarforces.com
- 7/4/10 - New mission: 4-Player Escape.
- 7/4/10 - Players are automatically emailed when a new game request is locked to them.
- 6/4/10 - Fixed the spelling of 'Seargent' in all the unit names.
- 6/4/10 - Now only shows locked game requests to the player who the request is waiting for.
- 1/4/10 - Stopped anonymous forum postings due to spamming.
- 29/3/10 - Added the ability to play 3-player games, and created a simple 3-player mission.
- 26/3/10 - Now shows the name of the sides when starting a game.
- 26/3/10 - Specific opponents can now be chosen for game requests.
- 22/3/10 - The website now shows who is currently logged in.
- 16/3/10 - Players can now log in with their display name instead of their email address.
- 12/2/10 - New mission: Escort 2.
- 10/3/10 - Amended the deployment area of side 2 in the Moonbase Assault mission.
- 4/3/10 - Added a 'confirm password' box when registering.
- 4/3/10 - Name of player to make the latest post in each forum is now shown.
- 4/3/10 - Map image size increased.
- 2/3/10 - Users will receive notices of new postings to all forums that they themselves have posted to.
- 1/3/10 - A lot of the weapon and equipment prices have been recalculated.
- 1/3/10 - Added a key to the map page.
- 25/2/10 - When deploying, the map shows the enemy's deployment squares as well as your own.
- 25/2/10 - Change the league table so that on a points draw, the player with the most wins takes precedence. On a wins draw, the player who's lost the least number takes precedence.
- 24/2/10 - Added some more miscellaneous stats to the Miscellaneous Statistics page.
- 22/2/10 - New mission: Moonbase Assault 2.
- 19/2/10 - Added a Known Issues page, cos there's a known issue I can't track down.
- 9/2/10 - Added a brief description to equipment.
- 9/2/10 - Added a new armour type.
- 3/2/10 - Now shows the armour details on the armour buying page.
- 3/2/10 - New mission: Rescue from the Mines.
- 2/2/10 - Now shows the unit details in the game details page, even if the unit is not deployed yet.
- 29/1/10 - Added the Miscellaneous Statistics page.
- 29/1/10 - Each game is now automatically given its own sub-forum.
- 29/1/10 - Players can now show their website address in their public page.
- 29/1/10 - It's now possible to subscribe to forums.
- 27/1/10 - Sterner Regnix's name cannot now be changed, to avoid confusion.
- 22/1/10 - It now confirms if you've finished equipping your units.
- 20/1/10 - Changed the Escort mission so that side 2 now has 9 units instead of 6, and also changed deployment squares.
- 20/1/10 - The forums are now open to non-users.
- 19/1/10 - New mission: The Alien Hordes.
- 19/1/10 - The credits for spending on equipment has been increased on a few of the missions.
- 18/1/10 - A 'please wait' page is now shown when a game is being created, as this can sometimes take a few minutes.
- 18/1/10 - Games can be marked as 'practise' to enable players to play without affecting their chances in the league.
- 18/1/10 - Players can now customise their unit names.
- 15/1/10 - Tweaked the way the league tables are calculated.
- 15/1/10 - Messages between players now have a subject line.
- 14/1/10 - Techno Armour now costs 35 (from 30).
- 12/1/10 - Reformatted weapons, equipment and armour stats pages.
- 11/1/10 - Stellar Forces now has a Wiki.
- 11/1/10 - Now shows a user their sent messages.
- 9/1/10 - The date of the last forum post is shown in the forums.
- 8/1/10 - Now shows top players by mission.
- 8/1/10 - New mission: Escort.
- 8/1/10 - Now includes more specific instructions on requiring Java.
- 5/1/10 - Walls can now be destroyed with grenades on certain missions (shown in the mission details).
- 1/1/10 - Messages sent between players can now be viewed on the website.
- 29/12/09 - Users can now vote for the next major feature of the game.
- 29/12/09 - Added a new mission: Defend the Base.
- 28/12/09 - You can now view the historical game map at each turn once a game is finished.
- 24/12/09 - New mission added: A Tale of Two Moonbases.
- 23/12/09 - Visible enemy units are now shown on the map and mentioned in the log.
- 22/12/09 - Added the quickstart instructions.
- 22/12/09 - Dead units from both sides are now shown on the map.
- 15/12/09 - Added extra fields to a players 'About Me' page.
- 15/12/09 - Now keeps track of the total number of times a player has conceded.
- 11/12/09 - Combined the mission map, units and log into one page.
- 11/12/09 - The Escape mission map generator now ensures that the escape hatch is a certain distance from the deployment area.
- 10/12/09 - This page added!
- 10/12/09 - It's now possible to send messages directly to other players using the website.
- 10/12/09 - Moonbase Assault mission added.
- 8/12/09 - Added an (as yet quite bare) Hints and Tips page.
- 7/12/09 - Both players in a game will now get emailed when a game is won/lost.
- 5/12/09 - Added the controls page.
- 3/12/09 - Once a game has finished, all units are shown on the map.
- 2/12/09 - It's now possible to force a concede where a player has taken too long to take their turn.
- 2/12/09 - Breakout mission added.
- 30/11/09 - Added the League Table.
- 27/11/09 - Added the Forums.
- 18/11/09 - It's now possible to send a reminder to players who are taking too long to take their turn.
1.84 (released 3/2/12)
- Adjusted some AP costs.
- Defenders can now harm the attackers in close combat.
- Fixed 'catching' bug where it wasn't showing 'change item'.
1.83 (released 24/1/12)
- Close-combat opportunity fire.
1.82 (released 7/11/11)
- Computers are shown on the in-client strategic scanner.
- Comrades are shown in a different colour in the in-client strategic scanner.
- Escape hatches are shown on the strategic scanner.
- Units will no longer escape automatically.
- New 'auto-aim' feature.
1.81 (released 19/7/11)
- You can click on the strategic scanner in the game to select a unit.
- The currently selected unit is highlighted on the strategic scanner.
1.80 (released 27/6/11)
- This version is required to play Aliens.
1.79 (released 27/6/11)
- Opp-fire shots are now 15% less accurate than snapshots.
- Blobs can now absorb corpses.
1.73 (released 27/4/2011)
- Do not need to restart the client between turns.
- A strategic scanner is available inside the client.
- Now has a rudimentary AI for practise games.
- Improved tutorial.
- 3D options only appear if required.
1.72 (released 15/4/2011)
- Nerve gas damage is equal to a unit's APs at the end of a turn.
- This version is required for the new 2v2 missions.
1.71 (released 14/4/2011)
- Reduced memory usage.
- Highlights warnings in the HUD.
1.68 (released 5/4/2011)
- Required for new The Big Push mission.
1.67 (released 1/4/2011)
- New unit type: Blobs.
- Nerve gas damage is now related to the number of APs spent in the nerve gas cloud.
- Aliens have 180o vision.
1.65 (released 21/3/2011)
- Players are notified if one of their units see's an enemy unit prime a grenade.
- It costs double APs to walk over a hedge or low wall.
- Grenades now only destroy the first layer of walls in the blast range in maps with 'strong' walls.
- Thrown items no longer land 'in' doors.
- Fixed a bug where smoke was protecting units from grenade explosions.
- Reduced the memory usage when explosions occur.
1.63 (released 12/3/2011)
- Warns if a unit is out of ammo.
- Units are harmed if they walk into Nerve Gas.
- Catchers must be able to see the thrower in order to catch a thrown item.
- Improved the playback.
1.61 (released 8/3/2011)
- New brick wall scenery.
- Grenades not exploded by another explosion are now not destroyed.
- Fixed an error caused when a grenade exploded while being held by a unit.
1.60 (released 8/3/2011)
- New hedgerow, posts and gas cannister scenery.
- Improved floor scenery underneath doors.
- Non-laser weapons only lose 1/2pt damage for every square over 10.
- Scenery removed when walls are destroyed.
- It now costs 3 APs to catch an item.
- Rudimentary 3D playback facility.
- Map editor included.
1.58 (released 23/2/2011)
- Explosions and extra scenery are not shown in low-memory mode.
- Smoke grenades and nerve gas.
- Opportunity fire is now at 10% less accuracy than a snapshot.
1.57 (released 17/2/2011)
- It now costs 3 to catch a thrown item.
- Fixed erroneous random misfit map square tiles.
1.56 (released 15/2/2011)
- Informs player if unit is exhausted or has panicked.
- Now maintains a permanent connection to the server for better response times.
- Added more textures.
- Reduced memory usage.
1.55 (released 31/1/11)
- The size of explosion f/x is related to the power of the grenade.
- There is only a 50% chance that an explosion will cause other grenades to explode.
- New 'close combat opportunity attack' feature.
- Units will opp-fire on the very first turn.
1.53 (released 20/1/11)
- Now works through a proxy server.
1.52 (released 18/1/11)
- Computers can be destroyed by melee attacks.
- Explosions are now shown sequentially (rather than all in one go).
1.51 (released 13/1/11)
- Changed the font.
- Gives explicit warning if a unit will not opp-fire if an adjacent friendly unit is visible.
- Fixed 'throwing over dead body' bug.
1.5 (released 8/1/11)
- Fixed small throwing bug that was causing an error.
1.49 (released 7/1/11)
- Reduced the amount of memory required.
- Fixed a few bugs.
1.48 (released 4/1/11)
- Added code to enable the playback of a game before it has been finished. (Actual playback coming soon).
- Fixed Death Grenade bug that meant a unit's death was always attributed to their own death grenade.
- Fixed throwing distance bug.
1.47 (released 15/12/10)
- Gives a warning if a player tries to throw an unprimed grenade.
- The 'line-of-sight' line can be activated by pressing K.
- New accuracy values for snap & auto shots.
- Fixed Death Grenade bug.
1.46 (released 9th December 2010)
- Wounding from grenades is adjusted by the angle of the unit.
- Alien death acid splash distance is now randomly adjusted.
- Gives better warnings when a unit is holding a primed grenade.
- Added starfield scenery.
1.45 (released 22nd November 2010)
- Laser weapons now do not lose power over distance.
- Queen Alien now has an alien voice.
1.44 (released 18th November 2010)
- Client will auto-update itself.
- Unit numbers are shown in the HUD.
- New 'water' mapsquare type.
1.43 (released 12th November 2010)
- Aliens not harmed by alien acid.
- Fixed a few bugs.
1.42 (released 10th November 2010)
- A better alien egg and new grenade models.
- Enemy units are identified by name when clicking on them.
1.41 (released 4th November 2010)
- Doors can now be manually closed.
- New speech effects kindly provided by Deadlime (Linden Clarke).
- In advanced games, corpses will now only be shown if seen by a unit.
1.40 BETA (released 26th October 2010)
- Units now move and animate smoothly.
- Added more scenery types.
- Help Mode now selectable from login page.
1.39 (released 19th October 2010)
- Units will now *not* opp-fire if they are adjacent to a friendly unit that they can see.
- Won't show extra scenery when running in low-memory mode.
- In advanced mode, equipment won't be shown unless it has been seen by a unit.
1.38 (released 14th October 2010)
- Now informs players if their units see another unit drop, pickup or throw a piece of equipment.
- In SNAFU missions, units will not 'melee' attack an opponent's unit unless they have been identified as the enemy.
1.36 (released 7th October 2010)
- This version has a "low memory" option for computers with lower amounts of memory.
1.35 (released 6th October 2010)
- This version is required to play the new Practise Mission.
1.34 (released 5th October 2010)
- This version is required to play the new SNAFU missions.
- Death grenade-related deaths are now caused by the unit holding the grenade, not the unit that kills the unit holding the grenade.
- Unique models for each of the armour types.
1.33 (released 29th September 2010)
- Will inform the user if a new version is available.
- It will log when a player's unit see's another unit shoot.
- Aliens cause a shower of acid blood when killed.
1.32 (released 20th September 2010)
- Shows the maximum distance allowed when throwing.
- Checks that the program is allowed to created the required files.
1.31 (released 13th September 2010)
- This version is required for campaign missions.
1.30 (released 1st September 2010)
- Added extra help for new players.
- Now works on 64-bit Windows (thanks to Deadlime (Linden Clarke)).
1.29 (released 9th August 2010)
- Can now handle connection timeout errors to avoid lost data.
- Fixed 'throwing distance' bug.
1.28 (released 30th July 2010)
- Units now start in a random direction.
- It's possible to remove an item without dropping it.
1.27 (released 14th July 2010)
- This version is required for the new 3-Player Moonbase Assault.
1.26 (released 6th July 2010)
- Camera can be locked into position.
- This version is required for the Capture the F.L.A.G. mission.
1.25 (released 25th June 2010)
- Removed the Wait option.
- Added more scenery models.
1.24 (released 23rd June 2010)
- If there is any excess ammo remaining when reloading, it can be used later.
1.23 (released 10th June 2010)
- Doesn't show the Wait icon if not required.
- The adrenalin shot now re-imburses the unit for the cost of changing item and using it.
- Shows the actual cost of picking up an item on the icon, based on whether the unit is already using an item.
- Added a few bits of scenery.
- Fix bug in missions where aliens can impregnate humans, so it only happens for melee attacks.
- It will now say in the log if a unit harmed a unit on their own side.
- Fixed the game log as sometimes it's slightly out of order.
1.22 (released 2nd June 2010)
- This version is required for the new Alien Escape mission.
1.21 (released 1st June 2010)
- This version is required for the new Impregnator mission.
1.20 (released 26th May 2010)
- Shows a unit's name in a different colour if wounded.
- Added a new Wait icon.
- A grid can be toggle on/off to help measure distances.
1.19 (released 17th May 2010)
- This version is required for the new Meltdown mission.
1.18 (released 13th May 2010)
- Fixed throwing bug where an object could land 'in' the wall.
- Improved Prime Grenade help.
- Shows a weapon's ammo when picking it up.
- Added some more translated text.
1.17 (released 4th May 2010)
- Now possible to mute the music (again).
- Added Francais and Deutsch translations.
1.16 (released 30th April 2010)
- Portugese translation added - thanks to PCasaca
- Now told what piece of equipment an enemy unit is using.
- Improved Spanish translation - thanks to Victor.
1.15 (released 27th April 2010)
- Reduced cost of picking up and item to 10 APs.
- Add Spanish language text.
- Opp fire - units will now shoot at newly visible units even if they were seen be one of their own units at the start.
1.14 (released 23rd April 2010)
- Made close combat more worthwhile.
- Music starts immediately.
- Fixed bug preventing 3-Player Last Man Standing mission working.
1.13 (released 14th April 2010)
- Sorted another grenade bug!
1.11 (released 13th April 2010)
- Finally sorted the grenade bug!
- Now doesn't show a small explosion when throwing an item.
1.10 (released 13th April 2010)
- Added help text when priming grenades.
- Remembers whether doors are open or closed.
1.09 (released 12th April 2010)
- Changed the music.
- Icon change emphasises that units need to be equipped with guns to be able to shoot.
- Now logs which side killed which unit.
1.08 (released 6th April 2010)
- Fixed bug that caused client to crash when walking to the edge of the map.
- Fixed various minor 3-player bugs.
- Now doesn't keep the enemy unit icons for enemies visible at the start of a turn.
- Keeps the command window open in order to view any potential error messages.
- Logs all error messages to an error_log.txt file.
1.07 (released 29th March 2010)
- Reduce the AP cost of priming a grenade.
- Wounding by an explosion is now randomized in the same way as for shot fire.
- Fixed a bug which was causing opportunity-fire shoot to be too accurate.
1.06 (released 26th March 2010)
- Increased the aimed accuracy.
- This version is required for 3+ player missions.
- Now shows who shot who in the logs.
1.05 (released 19th March 2010)
- Improved the walls.
- New damage bonus for short-range shots.
- Shot damage reduction for long-range shots.
- Fixed grenade bug.
1.04 (released 16th March 2010)
- Units can now open doors without stepping into them.
- Increased font size in the HUD.
1.03 (released 10th March 2010)
- A unit's strength is now taken into account when throwing.
- Improved login windows.
- New equipment: Adrenalin shot.
1.02 (released 5th March 2010)
- Now logs if a unit was shot but not harmed.
- Now correctly uses the AP cost of the weapon when reloading.
- Added a better front-end to logging in.
- Improve explosion algorythm.
1.01 (released 2nd March 2010)
- A unit's health is shown on the stats bar.
- A shot's accuracy is always adjusted by a random fractional amount.
- Added 2 more sound effects.
- Reduced the potential throwing innaccuracy.
- Reduced the maximum shooting innaccuracy.
0.57 (released 25th February 2010)
- New equipment: Death Grenades.
0.56 (released 23rd February 2010)
- Implemented the original Laser Squad shooting algorythm (with a few minor tweaks).
- Added Rocket Launchers.
- Added sound effects.
- Now shows a unit's protection in the HUD.
- Simplified weapon accuracy.
- New piece of equipment: Portable Teleporter
- Armour protection is now reduced if the attack is from the sides or rear.
- During close-combat, a defender's combat skill is now reduced if the attack is from the sides or rear.
- Bullets are now shown when a shot goes off the edge of the map.
- There are now small explosions wherever a bullet hits.
- Icons for selecting the next/prev unit.
- Player is now warned if a unit will not have enough AP's to throw a primed grenade.
- Now shows how many turns a grenade is primed for.
- Player is now warned if they are ending a turn and a unit is holding a grenade that is about to go off.
- Now shows a unit's inventory when the unit is selected.
- Also shows a unit's inventory when the unit is being deployed.
- The client can now auto-login if required.
- Added on-screen icons to control units.
- Opportunity fire is now slightly less accurate than a snapshot, and all fire is now always adjusted by a small random angle.
- Added medi-kits
- Improved the 'redefine keys' feature.
- Damage is now randomized by 50% - 150%.
- Fixed a bug to do with throwing items of equipment.
- The client will now make multiple attempts to connect to the server.
- A grenades explosion radius is now used to calculate how far it can destroy walls and computers.
- Doors will now stay open if there is a corpse in the way.
- The keyboard controls can now be redefined.
- Computers and doors can now be destroyed by a grenade.
- It now costs more AP's to walk through a closed door.
- Now shows explosions better.
- This version is required for walls to be destructable.
- It's now not possible to select dead or invisible enemy units.
- Fixed a bug where units were using opportunity on any unit they could see, rather than just the unit that has moved.
- Fixed a bug where units could see enemy units even when they weren't facing them.
- It now won't reduce AP's if a unit tries to throw but the angle is too far.
- The camera can now be raised and lowered.
- This version of the client is required to show visible enemy units on the map.
- Fixed a bug where destroyed computers were being created as undestroyed computers when the client was started.