You are here: Stellar Forces > Bugs & Problems
Bugs & Problems
Current topics under discussion:-
Most Recent Postings under Bugs & Problems
- Hi again Torque. I've had a look into it, and your link really helped. It looks like Google has a new policy of blocking apps that haven't been updated for 2 years. I think I might have successfully got a reprieve, so it might work for you now. I'll be doing a proper update soon.
- Hi Torque and welcome to the game. Apologies for the late reply, due to an error emails weren't being sent. Thanks a lot for letting me know about this issue and all the details, I'll have a look ASAP and see what might be causing it. Google does have a habit of constantly updating their environment and requiring apps to be updated all the time.
- Unfortunately I don't and its the same problem for my two friends who wanted to play with me. We can use the Windows client but takes away from the ease of access the mobile app provides!
Hopefully Steve will be around soon with a reply :)
- Only Steve can give you any real kind of answer, but just as a work around not an ideal one, have you an older phone you can use or a tablet?
- I?m unable to download Stellar Forces from the Google Play store due to an error message ?This app isn?t available for your device because it was made for an older version of Android?
Posts like this one seem to suggest a solution but it?s unfortunately on your end:
https ://stackoverflow. com/questions/75515890/this-app-isnt-available-for-your-device-because-it-was-made-for-an-older-versio
I?d love to be able to play the game! For information im using a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra with Google Play system update from 1st Nov 2022
- I got an email at about 15:30 from my cloud server provider saying that it looked like the server I rent is being used to brute-force attack other servers. On a Sunday of all days!
Long story short, it was. I turned it off for a while until I decided what to do, which was basically clean out all I could find, add some extra security, and hope for the best. It's back up now, and fingers crossed that all fixed.
- ..although you probably knew that. I got disk corruption on my hosted server, and it was then one problem after another trying to get it all back. The backup was too big for the server to store whilst also restoring it, so I've had to rent a new server. Then it turns out that since I've not updated the server for years, Java and MariaDb have moved on and so there was a few problems with the source code needing some modifications to handle how they've changed.
However, it looks like it's working again now, fingers crossed!
- Thanks Dijon, I completely forgot I'd added this feature a few months ago.
- Yes! Just for the first turn. I wasn't aware of this, but. now I am I can account for it. If it's the same for every player then I'm fine with it, I just lost a few games because I never read the forums :)
- Isn't this for the first turn only for player 1? It's a new feature discussed in 'Reducing APs for first player's first turn'.
- Armour is usually the biggest cause of low APs, especially heavy/superheavy. If a unit gets exhausted, this will halve their APs.
I've just had a look at that game, and your only surviving unit should have 57 APs? Let me know of any specific running games where the APs are low and I'll have a look.
- I think if you carry too much this can happen, but it's happening with units that are holding nothing, or just one grenade.
- Hey Steve. Maybe it's a new feature I missed, but I've started a few games recently and all my units only have about half the action points they usually have, like 30 or so. Obviously this puts you at a pretty big disadvantage, especially on games like Assassins. It's happened to me 4 or 5 times recently, enough now that I know I'm not imagining it! Most recently it happened on game 52543.
- This should be fixed now.
- I've just noticed that enails have stopped being sent since the 7th June. Just looking into it now...