Stellar Forces is now Open Source!
You are here: Stellar Forces > Game Development > Stellar Forces is now Open Source!
- After a lot of debate with myself I've decided to open-source Stellar Forces. Unfortunately I don't have the time to do it justice and add all the features that players want, so hopefully this will remedy that. This includes all the source for the Android app and the web/game server (with the exception of the comms-encoding functions for obvious reasons) all graphics, sound effects, missions etc...
So feel free to check it out (pun intended) at https://bitbucket.org/SteveSmith16384/stellarforces and let me know how you get on. Please don't be too critical of the source; now it's open-source it can be improved. Feel free to ask questions about it, and I'll continue to tweak it as required.
- Man, you are the best. Now it is 100% sure that Stellar Forces will live forever. After two weeks of having found SF i started to worry about some catastrophic event wiping out this unique game from the internet but those fears are gone now.
- Well, there is still all the data to lose. ;) Looking forward to the first pull requests!
- Still looking for Ye Olde tar.gz or at least tar.bz2 but no luck, the good news is i don't see any .rpm or .deb either, which is good because i do not like Redwarf nor Debtbian nor any derivative, Slackware for ever!
- ah wait, this is that brand new stuff named like coffee... java, that is, so no tar files, maybe a .zip, ok, i'll take a look again tonight...
- Ideally you'd use Git and pull down a copy, edit it, and push it back with a pull request. Or, if you follow my link at the top, there is a Download link on the left-hand side on BitBucket, so you can download a zip.
This topic has now been closed.
©2020 Penultimate Apps. All rights reserved.
For help & support, please visit the forums. Note that emails may be read by the NSA/Tempora for security purposes. Hello to Jason Isaacs!