Most Recent Postings:-
- Not at all. As long as you kill more units than your opponent and then escape with the rest, you'll win.
- but this rule makes immposible to conquer hit n run sectors in campaigne
- Why are the Aliens attacking the CPU's?!!
- Just to add, I think the reason player 2 wins in this case is because they are the defender, so it gives the defender a slight advantage (which seemed more appropriate than giving it to the attacker).
- I tried to balance caution and taking exploratory chances to locate your units. But you had me very worried as your units seem to be everywhere. Great game.
- Yes but what happens then, the sector has to be played again 7 days later. Then the defender does the same one guy escape tactic and it's a draw once again. And this goes on and on and the sector remains untakeable, just draw after draw.
- let me say it straight if you defend a hit n run sector and your only one unit escapes in the first round it should be draw 00 points and sector remains yours or m i wrong?
- No, its only when players have the sane vps that there's a problem. If a player has more vps than the other, they will win.
- so its make hit and run missions in campaing immposible to win is it right?
- I agree it should probably be a draw, but with missions where units can escape and the number of units is variable (since its a campaign mission), it's difficult to come up with an algorithm to determine if it should be a draw while still making the mission fair (e.g. not giving an advantage to a player who only takes 1 unit to the battlefield). By all means make a suggestion though. :)
- No,because that another rule applies which says you loose the game if you have 0 points and 0 unit remaining. If my memories are correct.
- Steve if your right it means that if you only have 1 unit as a side 2 and you escape in the first round the victory is yours. m i right?
- for me it should be draw
- I've just had a look and I think it's coming back to me. Basically it looks like Hokunda won because he was player 2 (it's a side-effect of the code I'm afraid, if there's equal VPs and units can escape and one side has no units left). IIRC the reason for this is that we couldn't agree on a watertight formula for working out who wins a hit-and-run under these circumstances.
- I had a few comments in the past to change victory conditions, but Steve refused to do so. :)
The simple answer is that I have no clue. All of my units have escaped and I had 13 points. This was enough for the game to favour me. I was expecting a drawn ending but I liked the victory, too.
Maybe Steve can explain more detailed.
©2017 Penultimate Apps. All rights reserved.
For help & support, please visit the forums. Note that emails may be read by the NSA/Tempora for security purposes. Hello to Jason Isaacs!