You are here: Stellar Forces > Non-Stellar Forces related
Non-Stellar Forces related
Current topics under discussion:-
Most Recent Postings under Non-Stellar Forces related
- I have created a UK version, but that comes in at 23 quid including postage from the UK supplier, so I've not actually bothered formally publishing it as I can't see anyone paying that much for a card game. I might do a Kickstarter so I can take advantage of discount for quantities, but currently my plan is to see if the US version sells, since it is a fair bit cheaper (for those getting it delivered in America).
- Looks quite good but clearly aimed at the US market with words like poop and booger. Hope it does well although quite a big price tag on it for a card game.
- Stellar Forces *the card game* is still a way off, but still at the back of my mind. However, I've recently published my first card game called 'Rudeness Rulez!'. It's a bit like Cards Against Humanity but aimed at kids. More details here: https://www.thegamecrafter.com/games/rudeness-rulez- (Unfortunately due to the costs of getting it printed in the UK, it's cheaper to buy it from America, even after postage costs).
- 'Comic' style graphics, I meant to write.
- I thought you meant an online card game for Stellar! Both could work with striking conic style graphics.
- Lol, I was thinking about a "traditional" face-to-face card game, but now you suggest it, an online one would be a good idea, at least to test it out and see how it plays.
- I think all the ingredients you've mentioned are appealing. I like the concept. If it flowed well it would be fun. The only downside is the players taking long turns. If you had a league of players so misbehaving players were either booted out or paid an in game penalty then the incentive to pay attention might be assured?
- I quite like card games in real life. Never got around to releasing the inner poker player yet. I also play a freecell online game to relax and challenge myself getting the least amounts of moves against other players. Good for stress. I reckon your idea could work really well.
- I'm still working on it, and have lots of ideas floating around which I'm trying to squeeze together to make a coherent whole. I'm envisaging cards for each unit, and cards for weapons and equipment, maybe each with some basic stats. Each players gets dealt say, 5 unit cards and 5 or so equipment cards and they assign equipment to their units. There could be different rules for each mission, so for example, if the players were playing The Assassins, the opponent just has to kill the Sterner card. (This is all me just thinking out loud by the way). Players could take turns taking "event" cards, which could be something like "take shot!", "protected by wall" or "sterner spotted!" or "computer destroyed" (for the Moonbase Assault mission). Certain cards cancel out certain other cards. For example, a player could play a "shoot" card, but then their opponent could cancel this out with a "protected by wall" card (but then that could be cancelled out if they have an Autocannon card), or they could play a "smoke grenade" card which would have the chances of the shot hitting. For the Moonbase Assault game, the attacker has to find all the "Computer Destroyed" cards before their squad is wiped out. I think the game would also involve a small bit of dice rolling to determine some outcomes. How does something like that sound?
- Sounds intriguing.
- Top Trumps, Freecell or Poker? How would it work?
- Would anyone here be interested in a Stellar Forces-themed card game?
- And another new game: Phoenix Point.
- I forgot the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dM1loCNUCcU
- Completely off-topic: a bank heist going wrong despite the robbers' military training (5 minutes clip from a new action movie), you can learn some new tricks from this cinema stunt team named "CBR".
©2017 Penultimate Apps. All rights reserved.
For help & support, please visit the forums. Note that emails may be read by the NSA/Tempora for security purposes. Hello to Jason Isaacs!