Going strong since 2009! (With the graphics to prove it)
You are here: Stellar Forces > Beginners Help
Current topics under discussion:-
Most Recent Postings under Beginners Help
- oh crap. lol
- Wanted to check if Nerve gas damages Aliens?
- Rabid: Thanks a lot! :) Obviously I appreciate the money ( >:) ) but the real bonus for me is to know that people are enjoying the game so much as to help pay for its upkeep. I've been programming for years, and 95% of my games have come to nought. I've come to realise that the reason for this is because no-one else appreciates them (not that they neccesarily should, cos about 90% were rubbish!) but knowing that people out there want to play this really gives me the impetus to keep working on it. Thanks again!
- No problem Xeno, it's done. Let's see how it goes. I can easily turn it off if it turns out to be unwanted.
- I've been meaning to join as a patron for ages, finally got round to it, given how often I play Stellar Forces I feel like I owe back pay. Would encourage all regular players to chip in if they can afford it, it's only a few dollar a month and Steve does a great job of communicating and keeping SF running. Thanks Steve!! :) https://www.patreon.com/stellarforces/posts
- If your perfectly fine with that Steve and you think it would be a good idea to try out then I'm all for it. But only if it isn't time consuming, that it can be done quickly and easily. Otherwise it's okay, pethaps another time.
- Since you're a Patron, if you want me to change that so players get money back for using less units, that's no problem. Might be worth trying?
- No, I'm afraid not. :)
- Ah interesting. That probably explains my earlier comment: "I do save up campaign credits yet they do seem to disappear quicker than what I use them".
I noticed they reduce beyond the extra weapon allocation and now that mystery is cleared up: it's because I also use extra units sometimes which depletes it.
However, do you get credits back if you use less than the normal deployment?
- I've just been checking on the "campaign credits" code, and I've just been reminded that it costs money to buy extra units over and above the standard number of units for that mission. The cost per extra unit is calculated as the "standard credits for the mission, divided by the standard number of units for the mission, then divided by 2." E.g, if the standard credits is 200, and the mission usually has 8 units, the cost per extra unit is 200 / 8 / 2 = 12.5cr
- Lovely jubbly. I did have look but missed it. Can now see where it is. I'm sure I'm not the only person not too realise but maybe. :)
- Your campaign credits are only reduced when they are spent, and they don't expire. You can see your campaign credits under My Pages -> Campaign Squad (on the website). They're not shown in the app at the moment.
- Also, where can I find how many campaign credits I have saved? I only ever see campaign credits come up if I equip through the website and it gives the number but if I equip through the app as most people I would assume do, there is no indication of the number.
©2018 Penultimate Apps. All rights reserved.
For help & support, please visit the forums. Note that emails may be read by the NSA/Tempora for security purposes. Hello to Jason Isaacs!