You are here: Stellar Forces > Beginners Help
Current topics under discussion:-
Most Recent Postings under Beginners Help
- That's right. I've just checked, and aliens, alien queens and units with the stealth skill don't make a noise when moving.
- In stats of soldier sometimes signed "STEALTH"
May be this minds - this unit doesn`t make a noise?
- I've just had a look to remind myself, and the general mechanics of noise are as follows:-
* Only in advanced games
* Only non-silent units make a noise (which I think are just aliens)
* Units can be heard moving 3 squares away, apart from an alien queen which can hear 10 squares.
* Turning does make a noise
* Regarding shooting, each weapon has its own noise range
- So does turning cause noise?
Ho far unit hear the noise from enemy unit?
- oh crap. lol
- Wanted to check if Nerve gas damages Aliens?
- Rabid: Thanks a lot! :) Obviously I appreciate the money ( >:) ) but the real bonus for me is to know that people are enjoying the game so much as to help pay for its upkeep. I've been programming for years, and 95% of my games have come to nought. I've come to realise that the reason for this is because no-one else appreciates them (not that they neccesarily should, cos about 90% were rubbish!) but knowing that people out there want to play this really gives me the impetus to keep working on it. Thanks again!
- No problem Xeno, it's done. Let's see how it goes. I can easily turn it off if it turns out to be unwanted.
- I've been meaning to join as a patron for ages, finally got round to it, given how often I play Stellar Forces I feel like I owe back pay. Would encourage all regular players to chip in if they can afford it, it's only a few dollar a month and Steve does a great job of communicating and keeping SF running. Thanks Steve!! :) https://www.patreon.com/stellarforces/posts
- If your perfectly fine with that Steve and you think it would be a good idea to try out then I'm all for it. But only if it isn't time consuming, that it can be done quickly and easily. Otherwise it's okay, pethaps another time.
- Since you're a Patron, if you want me to change that so players get money back for using less units, that's no problem. Might be worth trying?
- No, I'm afraid not. :)
- Ah interesting. That probably explains my earlier comment: "I do save up campaign credits yet they do seem to disappear quicker than what I use them".
I noticed they reduce beyond the extra weapon allocation and now that mystery is cleared up: it's because I also use extra units sometimes which depletes it.
However, do you get credits back if you use less than the normal deployment?