Going strong since 2009! (With the graphics to prove it)
You are here: Stellar Forces > The Website
Current topics under discussion:-
Most Recent Postings under The Website
- Thanks for the info, very much appreciated :-)
- The advanced scanner gives the opponents number as well as the red circle. And indicates sound: gunshots, footsteps, etc.
- Playback can be watched in the client (either Android or PC). It's under More Options -> Finished Games from the Main Menu. The scanner will highlight any enemies seen during your opponents turn. There is also the Advanced Scanner, but I'm afraid I can't remember in what way it's better than the "normal" scanner.
- It says my last forum post was 7 years ago. My last few games were just as you'd introduced the campaign for the first time. I believe I was on your team for that.
It seems I can't view any playbacks as the require Java. But I've definitely viewed at least one playback. Perhaps I viewed it somewhere different where Java isn't required?
Seeing as there's no more intermediate playback, is there some other way to see what has happened during the other players turn, other than the combat log?
Also, my apologies for the foul language during one of my games. I didn't realise game chat appeared on the front page sorry.
- Hi Retro and welcome back, it's been a few years?! I don't know exactly when you last played, but there could well have been a lot of changes.
As for "intermediate playback" though, I don't think that's available any more, and to be honest I've got no plans to re-add it. However, you should be able to get a full playback of all games (at least from the last couple of years). Let me know which game isn't working.
- Hmmmmmm it seems that I can't view the full playback this time after my last game.
It's been quite some time since my last game of Stellar Forces. I was very pleasantly surprised, when I noticed it on the Android Play Store. Had to get it immediately and was over the moon at how good it is. Well done Steve for bringing Laser Squad to our mobile devices, I never thought I'd see the day.
One thing I have noticed however, is that you cannot view the 'intermediate' playback on Android as there is no Java for it. This issue doesn't seem to matter for the full end of game play back though.
Is there any work around for this? Or any plans to overcome it?
- Hi Peter, thanks for letting me know. IIRC I left it out since I thought it might have been too big, but I think I'll add it. I rarely use the website on my phone myself since the writing is so small.
- Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;
I am within the walls, follow my brethen.
- Hi Steve just let you know the patron sign wasn't on my Android phone until I switched from mobile to desktop. Also it doesn't seem to present as an easy to find subject in the forums so I wonder if players who use only their phones may not realize is existence and purpose?
- Fair enough, I can feel the 'old elbow in the ribs. I originally changed it because "proper" forum posts weren't being seen by anyone.
- Third that, i liked it. It felt like you were involved in everyones joy, and pain in their games.
- I agree with Paasque. It was friendly and lively.
- Hi, why is the public game chat not being feed to the front page any more, it gave the website some life. cheers paasque.
- Yes, I'd definitely configure it so that users only had to register once, just like the wiki is now. I think I'll create the new forums and see what happens. Having to register for everything is a pain. Trying to publicise SF on various websites and forums means I have to register for loads of them. :(
©2018 Penultimate Apps. All rights reserved.
For help & support, please visit the forums. Note that emails may be read by the NSA/Tempora for security purposes. Hello to Jason Isaacs!