You are here: Stellar Forces > Campaign
Current topics under discussion:-
Most Recent Postings under Campaign
- I've added a bit of text to the top of the Galaxy Map page to confirm that if any faction gets all four corners they will win. I don't think it's going to make much difference since each corner is owned by a different faction, and I think it's a good objective to aim for.
@Thrash, that should be fixed now. Apologies, I added a feature where it would now say "both" if waiting for both players, but there was a small issue.
- And I'm fine with the 4 corner victory condition. In fact I'm starting to get a bit tired of the campaign already, and it shows with silly schoolboy mistakes I'm making. But even without the corners, only two weeks to go as we made it end of May, correct? Two months is more than enough, and to think we used to play for three or even four months previously, in fact I think it was 5 months once?!
- Steve, it is okay now, my opponent deployed later today, but it did not force cancel after it turned 3 days when I was last on at 1 am earlier.
@Thrasbarg that is what I had last night, 3 days yet no force cancel and it said waiting for both to deploy, yet I had already deployed the day before!
- It's sector 7,7. Normally it says one person's go or the other. Not both. Almost day 2 now. Can it be unblocked otherwise I'll lose my chance of battle by default
- So my current games says battle for sigma five waiting for both players to take turn but when I goto take turn it does not say anything. I remember deploying though. Also name might have been changed on campaign board i seem to remember but might not be
- @Xeno, which game is it? I can't see any obvious one. Also, do you want to start a new thread for that question, to save emailing everyone else.
- Regarding 4 corners, I don't mind either way, so lets have a vote. I vote in favour of it. FWIW, I don't remember it being scrapped, but equally I forgot it existed anyway. I've searched the forums for the word "corner" and nothing came up about it being scrapped.
Strangely enough, there is a "hidden" bit of text on the galaxy map page which says about the 4 corners rule, but you can only see it if you view the page source of the website. No idea why I chose to hide it and not just remove it; maybe it was an accident that it was hidden?
- I don't remember the corner strategy/win condition being scrapped. I've always liked corners and number of sectors as a decider if corners aren't achieved. Having both win conditions I always thought made the Campaign more interesting. Hmm... Guys we need to make a decision. My vote would be all 4 corners still trumps number of sectors, highest sectors wins if corners aren't held.
- Steve, have a game that my opponent hasn't deployed in and it says 3 days yet hasn't automatically force cancelled and it won't allow me to do so.
- That's a good point Peter about blocks strategy meaning you don't need as many units. And I did the same as Rabid think we had changed the corner victory condition to overall sectors.
- Ah I didn?t know that, I thought the corner thing had been scrapped in favour of number of sectors
- Winning conditions are, if a faction holds all 4 corner sectors they instantly win, even before the Campaign end date. And if that doesn't happen then it falls to the faction with the most sectors on the end date.
- Remember the winning conditions are not only having the most sectors. The faction holding the most corner sectors wins over numbers of sectors. The map at the moment looks like everyone has forgotten the Campaign strategies and people are just attacking what's available at random.
- And 'All sectors behind (front lines) are out of reach of *being attacked...
- Excuse missing words. 'The *thing about the winning faction