You are here: Stellar Forces > General Discussion
Current topics under discussion:-
Most Recent Postings under General Discussion
- Me too. Loads of people online say how much they loved Laser Squad, but very few seem to want to play a modern version. I dunno why.
Yes, I spend a lot of my free time just churning out games, I have done for decades now. I much prefer writing games to actually playing them.
- No traffic. I am at a wonder. I left a big plug there. I will again. I suppose this is very niche today, but there are enough of us over 40, or myself over 50... Christ I am... *goes into a trance* ;back there. As I said before so much out there now.
I looked at your games on itch.io, wow a lot of Spectrum emulation games. Fair play, you've been busy. Picked up a free game and your games came up. Obviously being tracked.
- Thanks Peter. Just looking around really, play an odd game if I see one.
@Steve Yes, it surprises me that this game isn't as popular as it should be really. Laser Squad was an iconic game. You couldn't have done more than what you have done though. I suppose it comes down to competition from so many other mobile games out there.
- Welcome back Xeno! :)
- Thanks a lot, and yours too. I hope you and everyone always feels welcome here.
- Thanks, fingers crossed. SF isn't doing too badly at the moment (there's about 10 games currently being played which is about par for the course) but more players are always welcome. I know it's not the best looking game in the world, but it does surprise me that there's not more players given how popular Laser Squad was back in the day.
- Bring on the dancing girls. I mentioned this site in HUKDs. Done the same for them.:) You should get some traffic passing through. It's if they decide to stop.
- Thank you Steve. Been just over a year. Looking back at my comments I was as footballer's like to say quite passionate. I will try to remain reserved. No you don't want that!
Hope you and the family are well Steve. Always a great outfit you have here. My hat off to you as always bud.
- I'm not sure how often these forums are actually visited, They've always been a bit quiet as you probably know!
- Hi Xeno and welcome back. Sorry for the late reply, I've only just got back from work. I'm glad things are sort of looking up for you, and I hope things get better. Stellar Forces is pretty much the same as it's been for the last 10 years. :) Mostly lots of Colonisation type missions are played nowadays.
- Anyone home! *Tiptoes around the place.* C'mon there might be guests coming.
Sod it I'm making an underground colony. Just have to remember how to play.
- Hi folks, been a year since I left. Needed a good break.
Hope all are fine. Got talking about Rebelstar and Laser Squad in a forum and remembered Stellar Forces! Left a plug for the game. Then thought, go on take a look. So I have. Needed my new reading glasses to type this, so that has changed. That came on quick. The fact I can share this with you shows how close we are: I have been diagnosed with ASD. Level one Autism which is Asperger's Syndrome as it used to be called. Had to wait until I was 52 to was diagnosed. My doctor, wonderful woman, pushed me after I bailed out years ago. Doesn't change anything as such but it slots that quite large missing jigsaw piece right in near the centre.
Anyway, what's been going on here. I looked for Peter's name first and see he's still playing and alive. :D
- I think it's fine Steve to let Stellar Forces run. Up to UK players whether to take their turn or not.
- In honour of Her Madge, Stellar Forces will remain running on Monday, as I'm sure it's what she would have wanted,
(I feel like I should send out an email about this, since it seems like everyone else and his dog has).
- Sounds great apart from being dessicated! :)